I have a small pond adjacent to my backyard patio, and the lilies are in bloom! I made this image on Sunday, using two frames stitched together in Photoshop CS5. To fulfill my concept, I cut the flower, then placed it in a small bowl of water which in turn was placed on black velvet. Aiming straight down, I “shifted” my Canon TS 90mm lens to include two halves of the flower in two separate exposures. This techniques allows me to create a square format with Photomerge, which suits this flower shape to me. It also gives me a bigger file: PS Image Size reads this file as 206 MB.
Enjoy, and let me know your thoughts, Bill