My Favorite Images of 2010

January 8th, 2011

I am finally posting a selection of my favorite photographs from 2010. Maybe I’ll have to follow the trend and pick the top ten.

Please let me know which ones are your favs!  Thanks to all of you who have followed my ongoing adventures in creative photography.

Happy New Year,  Bill

Oaks in autumn snowstorm, Ahwahnee, California 2010

Autumn oaks and snowflakes, Ahwahnee, California 2010

Calla Leaf, Ahwahnee, California 2010

Pine forest in fog, Ahwahnee, California 2010

Oak forest in fog, Ahwahnee, California 2010

Tags: , , , , , ,

49 Responses to “My Favorite Images of 2010”

1. Stacey says:

Very nice set of images Bill. There are a lot to like. It is hard to pick out favorites. I think Vally Oak and fog, Stones and reflections, Twilight at Scripps Pier and Oaks in Autumn Snowstorm stand out for me. Happy New Year. May your light be great.

2. Elena says:

Nice set. My faves are:
    Twilight at Scripps Pier and Aspen and Sierra Nevada Mountains.
    Thanks for sharing.

3. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Beate Dalbec, Пейзажисты России. Пейзажисты России said: Лучшие фотографии 2010 года Уильяма Нилла: http://bit.ly/hcMgDB […]

4. John Mills says:

I would be ecstatic if any of these were mine. For me, I like Rock Formations and Surf (gotta love the movement) and Aspen (really wants to be HDR).
    As always, thanks for taking the time to share with us.

5. M-Teacher says:

Pier Pilings. It’s difficult too choose from so many greats, though.

6. Jen says:

My faves would have to be: Plum Blossom (the first one), Dogwood Branches (the first one), Lily (Ahwahnee), Pier Pilings, Two Lilies, Sunrise Stormclouds, Aspen and Sierra Nevada Mountains, Rock Formations and Surf.

7. Barbara Lee says:

Pinecones, Ice, stones, Valley Oak in Fog, Pier pilings
    Sunrise Surf. Those are my picks! But I’d add a bit more contrast to the pine cones, Bill.

Happy new year!

8. Claudia says:

Beautiful images, Bill. Masterful!

My favorites are Stones and reflections, Plum Blossom #2, Twilight, Scripps Pier(B&W), Twilight at Scripps Pier, Dogwood Branch(B&W), Sunbeams and Forest, Aspen and Sierra Nevada Mountains, Sunrise surf, Cows and Winter Hills (that one cow makes the image for me), Oaks in autumn snowstorm, and Oak forest in fog.

9. Incredible images Bill. I always am in awe of the beauty and artistry you bring to your photographs. Congratulations on a very successful year.

It’s hard to pick favorites but I would have to say to 2 images of the Dogwoods over the Merced and the 2 of the Calla Lilies are absolutely beautiful.

10. Emily Ambler says:

Love so many. Difficult to pick one but one others haven’t mentioned is Sunrise Surf. Love your work as it is very artistic and makes me feel joyous.

11. Ben Horne says:

My favorite is “Stones & Reflections.” The color contrast makes it immediately stand out, and the submerged rocks gives it added depth. It’s a photo that I can get lost in.

12. GM says:

Beautiful images! Love them all.

13. Greg Vaughn says:

Wow. Wonderful set of photos. Looks like you’ve had a very good year! The ones I’d most like to hang on my wall are:
    – Salsify seeds
    – Valley oaks and fog at sunrise
    – Dogwood branch, Merced River
    – Lily, Ahwahnee
    – Sunflower impression
    – Aspen and Sierra Nevadas
    – Calla leaf

14. They are all fabulous. If I pick out 12, will you make a calendar?

15. Cindy Marek says:

Twilight at Scripps Pier, La Jolla, California 2010 is my favourite…

16. antonella de rosa says:

It’ s difficult to choose………..But, for me: “Stones and Reflections”.
    Your style is superb!

17. Thanks everyone for the feedback. I’ll have to pull together the top ten in the next few days!

It is so rewarding to have such positive feedback. It was a very tough year for our family. As in the past, I found great solace when seeking out the beauty of nature through the process of making images. Feeling such solace and seeing such beauty reenforces my belief in the restorative and healing powers of Nature.

Peace, Bill

18. Clay says:

They are all wonderful, but those that stand out the most are

Stones and reflections
    winter hills
    pinecones

Always a big fan of your work Bill,

Clay

19. Bartek says:

Hard choice, all are great but if I were to choose three:

Ice
    Pier Pilings and Fog
    Aspen, conway Summit

A calendar would be nice though, I’m sure John would help 😉

20. Frank Field says:

I especially enjoyed the first and third “Pier Pilings” images. They both have a sense of mystery about them that causes me to stop, look, wonder and look some more.

May 2011 be a better year for you and your family, Bill.

21. Michael Frye says:

Great work Bill! Here are some favorites, more or less in order:

Stones and reflections, Ahwahnee, California 2010
    Cows and Winter Hills, Diablo Mountains, Pacheco Pass, California 2010
    Twilight, Scripps Pier, La Jolla, California 2010 (B&W)
    Dogwood Branch, Merced River, Yosemite National Park, 2010
    Autumn oak and snowstorm, Ahwahnee, California 2010 (Claudia likes the blurred version, but I prefer this one)
    Aspen and Sierra Nevada Mountains, Conway Summit, California 2010

Thanks for letting us chime in!

22. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Buck Shreck. Buck Shreck said: RT @MFryePhoto: Great work by @wgneill: http://bit.ly/has0Ab Help him pick out his best photos of 2010! […]

23. Richard Wong says:

Top-notch images to choose from, Bill. If I were to pick the top images, I’d go for:

Salsify Seeds, 2010
    Stones and reflections, Ahwahnee, California 2010
    Valley Oak and fog, Ahwahnee, California 2010
    Pier Pilings and Fog, Coquille River, Bandon, Oregon 2010
    Oaks in autumn snowstorm, Ahwahnee, California 2010
    Oak forest in fog, Ahwahnee, California 2010

24. Andreas says:

Hi! It´s nice to follow your blog. I like “Dogwood Branch, Merced River, Yosemite National Park, 2010” best of these images. BR Andreas – Norway.

25. My favorite images are the Aspen and Sierra Nevada Mountains, Conway Summit, California, Stones and reflections, Ahwahnee, Salsify Seeds and Ice.

I wish you a great new year of photography.

greetings from Austria
    Jürgen

26. Winter Hills, Diablo Mountains- Just Perfect.
    Regards from Argyll
    JOHN

27. chris says:

I love Salsify seeds the best!

I always love your powerful compositions to though so it is hard to narrow down to what I like the best!

I really also enjoy the simple almost white compositions with very little in them. Wish I lived in an area where those types of shots were more frequently possible!

28. Thank you to all of you for your feedback. Now all I need is time to tally up the votes…

29. Marni says:

Wonderful selection, Bill. My favorites are Stones & Reflections, both Plum Blossom images, B&W dogwood branch, Cows & Winter Hills, Sunbeams & Forest. My most favorite is probably Sunrise Surf.

30. Phil Colla says:

William, your work is truly an inspiration. Congratulations on a great year, I have a hard time selecting a favorite but your three of Scripps Pier (which I was just shooting a few days ago) hit close to home so I will say they are my favorites of the bunch. Cheers!

31. Superb work. The one thing I love about your images is that you always show us the world through the eyes of an artist.

32. […] Light on the Landscape Photoblog/My Favorite Images of 2010 – WILLIAM NEILL *** […]

33. Lovely images, all.

These speak to me the most…

Ice
    Stones and reflections
    Valley Oaks and fog at sunrise
    Dogwood Branches over the Merced River
    Rock formation and driftwood
    Sunbeams and Forest
    Pinecones
    Autumn oaks and snowflakes

• Artie says:

higor silva escreveu: document.write(‘4 de junho de 2009 as 12:47′); dentro de um carro desse ,aqui na minha cidade eu viro rei,principe e ate bobo da corte. rsrsrsrsrsr. david escreveu: document.write(’30 de maio de 2009 as 18:27’); se eu tivese um carro desse eu botava varias potranca &#d&i0;….lin8as2#8230;……dav3d

34. Mehdi says:

All your images are superb and inspirational, thank for sharing. Although in my sense, I pick up these ones:

Plum Blossom, Ahwahnee, California 2010
    Four Oaks, Coarsegold, California 2010
    Aspen, Conway Summit, California 2010
    Winter Hills, Diablo Mountains, Pacheco Pass, California 2010

35. Hi Bill, a superb group of images. I like “Three Calla Lilies,” “Dogwood Branches Over The Merced River,”Pier Pilings III,” “Rock Formation and Driftwood,” and “Aspens and Sierra Nevada” best. By the way, as you may remember, “Sierra Nevada” means “snowy mountains,” so calling them “Sierra Nevada Mountains” is redundant. A common mis-usage. Great work though.

36. Thanks for all the feedback. Be sure to check out my Top Thirteen!

David, you are right of course, about Sierra Nevada. I know better. Reminds me of how people say “chai tea,’ when in Hindi chai equals tea in English. My wife is from India, and I don’t make that mistake!

37. […] Light on the Landscape Photoblog/My Favorite Images of 2010 – WILLIAM NEILL *** […]

38. Lonni Balke says:

This weirdly reminds me of a concentration camp…..where they are being marched to their death. Stunning….captivating….eerily beautiful.
    Cheers, Mrs. Lonni Balke

Pier Pilings, Coquille River, Bandon, Oregon 2010

39. ROB BOAK says:

Bill: Some great shots!

My favourite is Aspen & Sierra Nevada Mountains. Others Salsify Seeds, Ice, Ahwahnee, Cal., Coloured image Twilight at Scripps Pier, Dogwood Branch B &W, single Lily, Sunflower, Sunrise Storm Clouds, Sunrise Surf Carmel and finally Rock Formations Point Lobos, Cal.

Have a great year.

40. William,

Thank you for sharing your unique observations of the natural world and your artistic interpretations. They always move me to honoring the millions of moments in my life and reasons to explore new possibilities. Your work is powerful.

Keep up the good work.

N. Rodriguez, Bronx, New York

41. Thanks for the feedback!

42. […] To see my collection of images from 2010, see My Favorite Images of 2010. […]

43. Remarkable, delighted it turned out beneficial.

44. Helpful post, approval for demography your the very best time designate this with each and every other.

45. […] Light on the Landscape Photoblog/My Favorite Images of 2010– WILLIAM NEILL […]

46. I simply wanted to say thanks for all your superb guidance.

47. Jeneva says:

Enhorabuena por la iniciativa EZETZ. Se trata de un trabajo muy interesante y con el que espero colaboren todas las asociaciones. Desde AUZOLAN habéis tomado la iniciativa, adherirse es lo más fácil… y una iniciativa valiosa no puede recibir como respuesta la indiferencia el ser ignorada, que es una de las formas más frecuentes del a02m2ltrato≵.